Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Quiet Whisper

Decisions, Decisions...I have been wrestling with the decision to take on the large role of MOPS coordinator for next year.  I am hesitant to do it because the women before me have been so awesome and I just don't feel I can fit in their big shoes!!  I doubt and I fear my capabalities...

I've been praying and waiting for a sign (possibly a 2x4) to make it clear as day that this is where God wants me to be.  While I've been waiting for a large booming voice, a song on the radio or a scripture to jump out at me with the answer in bold print, he has been whispering to me quietly.  Working on my heart and calming my fears and doubts.  Reminding me that he would put the words in my mouth and be right beside me guiding me and holding my hand!   

My Excuses Fears and God's Answers:
1.  I do not like to stand in front of people and talk: 
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".  Phillipians 4:13
"Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone".  Colossians 4:6
2.  I'm not equipped to lead the steering team: 
"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ".  Galatians 6:2
3:  It's completely out of my comfort zone: 
"For we walk by faith, not by sight".  2 Corinthians 5:7
 4.  I will mess up and scare everyone away ( I know that's silly but it's a genuine fear!!):
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose".  Romans 8:28

Tomorrow is our last MOPS meeting of this year.  We are all a little sad when a year ends.  It's such a wonderful ministry and I have been so blessed to be a part of it.  I look forward to next year and with God's guidance and strength, it will be just as awesome as this year!!

I am going to write all these verses in my prayer journal to remind myself that God is by my side, to calm my fears and insecurities and to have FAITH!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment