Monday, May 16, 2011

A Mutual Understanding

I have an awesome husband and we have come to a mutual understanding.

He understands my need to be crafty and never complains when he comes home to this:




He simply smiles and asks what I've been making.  Such a good man :-)  But just to clarify, he doesn't come home to this every day!!  I do like to keep a very clean and orderly house (well, as much as possible with 3 kids!)  

In return, I understand his need to push himself and train for races.  He just finished a really big race this weekend (a half-iron man at White Lake) and he placed 3rd in his age group!

Crossing the finish line and realizing he beat his time from last year and had a personal record!

On the podium receiving his award
So proud of him! 

It's such a blessing to have a husband that understands what makes me tick.  Creating makes me happy.  Just like being an athlete makes him happy.  We have a mutual respect of one another and that has really helped us have a strong marriage.

Hmmm, do you think I earned any brownie points to use towards my next "creativity" bonanza??  Hehe - I'm just kidding :-) 

Blessed beyond measure...

No comments:

Post a Comment