Friday, May 6, 2011

The Queen's Top 10 List

I love being a mother.  It's truly the best job I've ever had.  Dylan always asks me what the best part of being a mom is.  Everything!  But the question got me to really thinking.  So, in no particular order...

The Queen Mother's Top 10 List Why Being a Mom ROCKS!
1.  You get a front row seat to watch your children grow and soak up all the knowledge they can.
2.  Watching them terrorize interact with each other. 
3.  You are the most important audience member for impromptu "magic" shows and "comedy" shows (even though they are not that magical or that funny - but shhh, don't tell Dylan!!)
4.  It's amazing to watch the world through their eyes and to experience their childlike faith.
6.  Having a good excuse to get treats from Dunkin Donuts or Cold Stone Creamery :-)
7.  Weed Flower bouquets, pictures, and all the kisses you could ask for!
8.  Celebrating the small successes in life (like potty training and sleeping through the night - woohoo!!)
9.   Realizing my parents were right and that they were hard on me "because they loved me" (again, this can be our little secret - no need to admit that to them, wink wink!)
10.  Being given this precious gift from God and entrusted with raising them into God-loving, successful members of society (no pressure, right??)

I could go on and on!!  Like I said, it's the best job EVER!


What's your top 10 list?  I challenge you to come up with the Top 10 reasons you love being a Mom, Dad, Wife, Husband, etc.   It really makes you stop and think about things and to reflect on what truly makes you happy.

When you are armed and dangerous with an arsenal of positive thoughts, you can pull them out when things are rough and remind yourself that we are all truly blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment