Sunday, May 1, 2011

One Sweet Minute

We were issued a challenge at church this morning.  Stop everything you are doing and be still for 1 sweet minute, and repeat this 5 times a day.  Do you know how hard it is to stop, be still and do nothing for 1 minute??  It seems like an eternity!!  I struggle every day to get a few moments alone with God.  I'm going to have to set a timer to go off as a reminder and even then, I'm sure I will have a little person following me or trying to talk to me.  If I can show my children the importance of being still and knowing God, then hopefully when they are older, they will have developed this good habit and not struggle as I do.  What awesome things could happen if 1000 people prayed to God for 5 minutes a day!  This was our challenge and I am passing on the challenge to whoever else may be out there.  Now, stop reading this and be still for one sweet minute :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment