Friday, April 29, 2011

Queen Mother

Today was the royal wedding.  The first one in 30 years.  Prince William married "commoner" Kate Middleton.  There has been a ton of hype surrounding this wedding and I think we are all ready for it to be over.  However, there is something very magical about the event.  Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the lucky ones to receive an invitation :-(  Since the kiddos like to wake up before the crack of dawn (5:30 am), we were able to watch the wedding live. 

Anna (we'll call her the princess for the sake of this post) is a very "girly" girl.  We are surrounded by princesses and pink and all things "girly".  The Princess loves her princess movies and has stolen several one-liners from them.  One day, she stopped calling me mommy and began referring to me as "Queen Mother".  She would even bow to me and refer to me as "your highness".  When she is angry with me, I fall from high up on my throne and am referred to as the "evil stepmother".  Did I mention she is obsessed with princesses??

It just goes to show you that little girls dream of one day growing up and marrying their very own Prince Charming.  I am married to my Prince Charming (I guess he is now technically a King since I hold the title of Queen:-)) and we are living our very own fairytale.  That fairytale includes dirty diapers, spit up, a drama Queen, a drama King, dance, cub scouts, church...you get the picture.  But nonetheless, he swept me off my feet and we are living happily every after.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment