Friday, April 29, 2011

Clay Pots and Soft Hearts

The wind has been C-R-A-Z-Y around here this Spring.  There have been very few days where it hasn't been gusty.  This particular morning started out pretty calm so I attempted to do some spray painting for a project I am working on (which ended up being a crafting failure, but I digress...).  I left my clay pot outside and had completely forgotten about it, until later in the afternoon.  Apparently, the wind had started up and blown it off the table (told you - C-R-A-Z-Y wind around these parts!!) and it had broken into several piece onto the ground.  I was unaware all this had gone on until Miss A came running inside for glue.  Before I could ask her why, she was back out the door.  She had picked up all the pieces of the pot and was attempting to glue them back together (with red glitter glue for that extra sparkle!) because "it will make you so happy mommy if your pot is back together".  Enter melting heart :-)  She can be a little firecracker at times, but she has the biggest and most sincere heart and wants nothing more than to make her mommy happy.  My hope is that she will always have such a loving and soft heart and be a servant to others.


Colossians 3:12  "Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meakness and patience.



     

1 comment:

  1. I hope so too..I hope all of our kids will have a heart like that.

    ReplyDelete