Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The heat is ON...

This post is being brought to you by a little whine...it's HOOOOOOT!!!  Today is the first day of June and we are on the 9th day of 90+ degree heat (more like 97).  It's ridiculous.  I'm tired of it already.  I hate summer.  Ok, now that I have that out of my system...

We celebrated Memorial Day on Monday at my parent's house.  The kids had a blast running through the sprinkler and soaking each other (and whoever else was standing too close) with their turbo water blasters.  One of the better $5 investments I have made :-)  We finished off the day with a yummy cookout and Grammy's homemade peach pie made with the last of our peaches from last summer.  It's a good thing we are getting ready to gear up for peach season in another month!  







If this heat continues I may move to Alaska, every day will be water day!!!  Hopefully we will survive the summer, which technically hasn't officially arrived but apparently someone forgot to tell Mother Nature...

No comments:

Post a Comment